Thursday, March 27, 2008

8 weeks!

I wanted to make my regular weekly post different from the sono post so y'all are in luck and get two today! So I turn 8 weeks today and things are going so great. This week little webbed fingers and toes begin poking out from the little hands and feet that have been developing. Eyelids practically cover the little peepers now. Breathing tubes now extend from the throat to the branches of the developing lungs. Believe it or not in the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. Already!!! The baby is about the size of a kidney bean now and is constantly moving and shifting even though I can't feel it yet.

As for me I'm doing pretty good. I'm not as tired all the time . . . I'm still tired but its just not 24/7 anymore. The queasiness stays around pretty much all day. Yesterday the DR said that it will get a little worse over the next two weeks but then start to get better and by the 14-16 week range I'll be great. She said I'll wake up one day and be like, oh my gosh, I'm not tired and I'm not queasy anymore! I am definitely looking forward to that!! Today I am tired and there is acid just sitting in the back of my throat . . . in case you wanted to know!! :-) Other than that I'm just truckin along.

It is just so very exciting to know that there is a little baby inside of me that is part of me, part of the man I love and all God. It truly is a miraculous blessing.

No comments: