Monday, April 7, 2008

9 weeks!

Unfortunately this post will not be as upbeat as the ones before it. I have not been enjoying the 9th week of pregnancy so far. Hormones are at an all time high and making me feel nothing but blah. I have a constant feeling of needing to throw up but rarely do. Dry heaving is becoming more common and Friday night I was up most of the night sick. So let me be real for a second and tell you some things they don't tell you about pregnancy. I'm breaking out like crazy. You know that glow they talk about, yeah, not all women get that in the 1st tri. Some women are so sensitive to the hormones that they break out, and one of those women would be me. Not nice. There's hope that my body will get use to the high hormone levels and the breakouts will go away but no guarantee. Oh, and acne medication is not on the approval list of items to use while you're pregnant. What else? Well, you get up and pee like 90 times during the middle of the night and you have crazy dreams that wake you up. By the time all that happens, when the alarm goes off the very last thing you want to do is get out of bed. But when you do get out of bed, you better eat something immediately or you're going to be super sick. I really don't understand how you can be nauseated and starving at the same time!! Not to mention the things no one even talks about; constipation, gas, breast tenderness, headaches, etc. Uncomfortable subjects, yes, but like I said, let me be real with you. So to all you ladies out there, listen, being pregnant is one of the most amazing things you will ever experience in your entire life but there are definitely some hard things you will have to go through during that amazing experience. No words can describe how awesome it really is. And as you know I have been pretty lucky so far, this week has just got be down and not liking pregnancy right now. I know it won't be forever though so I'm trying to make it through. I feel a little self indulgent to sit here and "gripe" but I'm totally playing it off as letting you ladies in on a few things you might want to prepare yourselves for before getting prego because no one talks about these things.

So, now on to happier subjects; the poppy! Who is now the size of a green grape and an inch long! All essential body parts are accounted for but will obviously go through some fine tuning the next few months. Which means that the baby is ready for rapid weight gain. The placenta is pretty much developed now and will be taking over from that yolk sac I showed y'all in the sono pics. The baby moves all the time now, I can't wait until I can feel it!!! That won't be for about 9-11 more weeks though.

I totally went and bought some maternity jeans today. I've been doing the belly band, it's a piece of material you put around your waist to wear your normal jeans without having to zip or button them all the way, but that's getting old. I bought these really cool low rise kind that will get me to the 6 month. So I feel like it was a wise purchase, plus I got 2 for the price of one. I don't have an obvious bump to others but to Matthew and me I do. Based on the way I look, I think in a couple of weeks it will be obvious - the joys of being short! Shawnda's tall butt didn't show until like 5 months!!

Ok, that's totally it. That was a lot! Talk to y'all soon!

No comments: