Thursday, March 13, 2008

6 Weeks!

So today I am 6 weeks preggers and could not be happier. It's all really starting to sink in that we are going to have a baby . . . kind of. It's still a little hard to fathom that in November this year we'll be a holding a baby of our own and that our lives will never be the same again. Never the less millions of changes are going on inside of me. During this next week the baby's eyes, ears and mouth are taking their basic shapes. The brain is starting to develop into distinct regions and the tummy and lungs will start to appear. It is so amazing to me how fast all of this happens. The heart will be on a regular rhythm now as well. By the end of this week is when the baby will be officially the size of a lentil bean.

As for me, I am so very tired all the time. My sleep is erratic at best which just adds to the problem.
Tumms have become my very best friend and acid my worst enemy. I have determined I have night sickness as I do ok during the day for the most part but have a horrible time in the evening. I have to say though that I feel like I have it pretty easy, so far, as I've had friends that have had it much, much worse.

Matthew is doing great and taking it all in pretty well. He's really managing the finances and looking for a house. He's really excited and having a few sympathy pregnancy symptoms already. The other night he got sick to his tummy. It was so cute.

I saw this little toy the other day for babies - one of those things that lays on the floor, you put the baby underneath and toys dangle down for him to play with. Well it was in jungle print and got me thinking. A jungle themed nursery would be
sooo cute. I ran it by Matthew and he agreed. So considering I've got 7 more months before I really have to decide, I'll probably change my mind a million times and who knows what I'll land on but right now I'm thinking a jungle themed nursery with lots of pretty greens, monkeys and elephants would be so cute. And it's cross gender so it's definitely a safe thought at the moment!

No comments: