It's crazy to think that I am already 15 weeks pregnant and that my little poppy seed is already the size of an apple. It's amazing how time passes when pregnant and how fast things happen with your baby's development. How fast they grow. This week the skeleton is really developing, taking shape and starting to retain calcium. It's crazy how obsessed you, and your husband, become so focused on nutrition and what's going into your body. Making sure you get enough of every nutrient to give your baby the best start possible. And the very, very long list of items you avoid. My most missed are Coke Zero, Sushi and sugar-free gum. Everything else is tolerable. If you want to get me a 'congrats you've had the baby' present, anyone of those three would make you my most fav person in the World!! hahaa But I have to say, it's all totally worth it. Oh, and I'm over cold slushy things. Gatorade is the latest obsession. Just drinks still, no crazy food cravings or anything.
The baby's taste buds are also developing this week as well. The legs are really growing and all the limbs can bend at the joints. The eyes and ears are developing, within a couple of more weeks the baby will start to hear. Which is extremely exciting as I look forward to reading the bible to the baby and watching Matthew talk to my tummy. The eyelids are fused shut but the baby can sense light. The other night we put a flash light up to my tummy. Which leads me to my most exciting announcement to date. I'm about 98% sure I've started to feel the baby move!!!! The first time was Thursday. I was sitting at my desk, starting to sip on a fresh fruit and soy milk smoothie when I felt a feeling I've never felt before. My first thought was, that was the baby! And I would like to think my maternal instincts are not to far off. You feel all kinds of things in your tummy but this was the first time for this type of sensation and my first time to have the thought of it being the baby. So, I'm pretty sure that's what I'm feeling. Which I have to say is the most very exciting thing about being pregnant so far. Feeling that little one move around inside of you is the coolest, most secretive thing you can experience. It's like someone just told you that you've won the Lotto and you're having a private little party...on the inside...that no knows about but you. It lasts about 2 seconds but I am constantly paying attention now, waiting for the next possible movement. I felt the baby three times yesterday. Two of the same fluttering sensation that I had on Thursday and one little quick jab. They're very subtle at this point and I'm anxious for the day when they become more noticeable, more frequent and stronger.
So, that's really the exciting things for the moment. My next regular check up is next Thurs the 22nd and I'm anxious to hear the heartbeat again, Matthew too, we can't wait! But the day that we are really, really looking forward to is June 16th at 9AM! We get to find out what this little poppy is. Ugh, its taking forever to get here so I just try not to think about it. Which is very hard. Also, our One Year is almost here! Monday! Once again, amazement at how time flies is the response. Which makes me think "Time flies when you're having fun" is an appropriate statement to end this post!
Guest Bedroom
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment