Monday, May 5, 2008

11, 12 and 13 weeks Oh My!

Yes, it has been 3 weeks since I last posted. What can I say? Work has been super busy, life has been super busy and the weekends have been packed. Things are slowing down a little though so I feel like I can actually breath. the really great news? I feel GREAT!!!!! woo-hoo! I actually feel like a normal human being again. I'm not sick at all . . . smells still get to me every once in a while but that is it!! I'm not fall down tired anymore and have a pretty good amount of energy and overall just back to being my normal self. Which is very exciting. Matthew and I made a trip to San Antonio last week to celebrate our One Year Anny a little early. We had such a blast, it was wonderful to just be with each other 24/7 and just be two best friends experiencing new things. Also, the opportunity to just be a couple before the little one gets here!

So, let me catch you up. Week 11 the baby was the size of a fig and the little hands began to open and close and little tooth buds began to develop under the gums. Week 12 the baby was the size of a lime and reflexes began to develop plus a whole lot of other things including the toes started curling, the baby's little mouth began making sucking movements and the brain and nerve cells were developing rapidly. And now, in week 13 the baby is the size of a shrimp, about 3 inches long!! Fingerprints have formed on the tiny fingers, can you believe it? The baby already has its own individual, unique fingerprints that are totally the baby's. The baby is growing like crazy and get this. If it is a girl, she already has 2 million eggs in her ovaries! Which means the first steps that are required for my daughter to have this same life experience have already taken place. So, if it is a girl, I'm carrying my future grandchildren as well...the start of them anyway! Pretty cool when you think about it that way, huh??

Ok well, I'm definitely way more excited about being pregnant and loving life again. Hopefully I'll be better about bloging. I started a myspace page as well. I know, I know. I revolted for so long and now I'm on the wagon. And blogging. The world we live in. So it's www.myspace.com/carmengia519 check it out because it has all our pics on it. Including San Antonio! Oh! And I'm totally obsessed with cold slushy drinks and Gatorade right now. But thats it, no pickles and ice cream cravings or anything else weird.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

for some reason i just keep thinking the little poppyseed is a girl... maybe it is because i have a girl and i am just WILLING your child into femininity... we'll see. i have already stocked up on little girl things to give you though!

The Allen's said...

carmen! holy cow you're pregnant. you are going to make the best mom ever! please stalk us as now that i have ya'lls blog i plan to stalk you guys. congrats on the kiddo, i can't wait to see what it will be. miss you guys, ashley & grayson