Monday, June 16, 2008

It's a . . . It's a . . . It's a . . .

BOY!!! We are soooo excited!!! So, so, so excited!! Everything looked great, bones are healthy, brain looks great and is the size it is supposed to be, same with the heart. All his organs are the right size and functioning properly. The eyes, ears, nose and mouth look great, no cleft lip. Hands and feet look great as well. He's 13 ounces which puts us on track to have a 7 pound 7-9 ounce baby boy! It is so wonderful to know it is a boy and that he is completely healthy so far!!

This is a nice profile shot of him:


Here is a precious little foot!


And here is the proof! It's like he's sitting on a glass bottom floor and we're looking up. His little bottom is on the left, then his legs are sticking straight out, then his little boy part is in the middle!
Beautiful!!! Like I said, he's 13 ounces and about 6.7 inches. He's doing great and I am soooo relieved to hear it! His name will be Hudson Lloyd Johns. Hudson we both just loved the name, Lloyd is Matthew's grandfather's first name. I can't wait to hold the little guy for the first time!!!!!!


I have to say I am sorry it has been literally one month since I posted. I didn't know how many of you were so faithful to check the page until I wasn't updating it. That definitely motivates me to write more now. I really do have intentions of being better at it from now on, I promise. For now though, let me catch y'all up.

I have been great! Feeling wonderful and not anything like I was up to the 13 week mark. I have been sooo hot, which I have always been cold natured so I'm definitely not used to this. It has been a really tough adjustment. I have to say its pretty annoying. And to top it all off, it looks like we are in for a pretty hot summer. Already hitting the 100s yesterday and today. I just pray I can make it through!!

The baby slowed down in growing there for a little while but is back on a growth spurt. Which means the heartburn has the potential to return, and it has a couple of times. Not as bad as before but I've still had some pretty rough moments. We've been enjoying the fact that the baby can hear now and talk to him all the time (so cool that I can say him now instead of it!!). Matthew's so cute when he lays his head on my belly and talks. I feel the baby move all the time. I usually feel him (on the outside) on my sides and down low (and of course on the inside) and I found out why today. The placenta is on the front of my uterus. Which is ok, it doesn't mean any danger or anything (it's supposed to be on the back side) it just means that there's an extra layer between the baby and the outside. Which makes it a little harder to feel in that spot. I have felt movement there but its always a poke or kick. So if the placenta wasn't there, those pokes and kicks would be a lot harder!! But I feel all different kinds of movement. I eat a lot of fruit and the baby always moves when I do. He was moving like crazy during the sono! She was like, my goodness, what did you eat?! I drank orange juice while in the waiting room to make sure those legs were open, hehehe!!! And they were!

We are just really excited. Matthew was telling me the other day how excited he is that we are starting our own family and how its going to be the 3 of us now. It's so surreal. I mean, now its the three of us, not just me and him. We have someone to take care of and now WE are mom and dad. Now we have our own traditions to start, own family memories to make, family vacations, etc. It's unbelievable, crazy, cool and overwhelming. I love that I am doing it with Matthew though. He is such a great husband and I am so excited that he is going to have a little boy to be his buddy. Matthew and his dad are best friends and I am just grateful that the Lord gave us a boy so Matthew can form that same relationship with Hudson. He's going to be an amazing father . . . and I am so grateful I get to stand by his side as he transforms into this new role.

Ok, I promise to write soon!!!!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

oh my gosh i'm so excited i can't stand it!

The Allen's said...

i'll move you back up to the top of my blog favorites since you'll be writing more frequently now, haha! hudson is one lucky kiddo! we're thrilled for the two of you.