Thursday, June 19, 2008

20 weeks - The half way point!!

Believe it or not I have officially reached the half way point of this pregnancy! In some ways, it has gone by very fast feeling like I've just adjusted to the thought of it. In others, it feels like forever and a year ago that we found out and began telling everyone. The former is encouraging for the next 20 weeks that are ahead of me and the thought that maybe they'll go quickly. The later is encouraging too as I still feel like we have so much to do to prepare for the arrival of our little man!! I am starting to really enjoy being pregnant. My belly is starting to round and it is 100% obvious that I've got a little bundle in there! I have been so blessed to have such an easy pregnancy. And feeling the baby move definitely makes pregnancy fun and rewarding. As I'm typing I can feel Hudson moving like crazy . . . right above my bladder! He's been resting on it ever since I woke up this morning, making his mommy take frequent trips to the bathroom today. Never the less I would much rather feel him move, even if its on my bladder, than not so no complaints here. Bentley barked loudly when Matthew came home and started playing with him today and Hudson jumped in response, which was very fun. Just a few more weeks and he'll be big enough for others to feel him move. I can't wait for Matthew to feel our little man moving around inside of me!!

Speaking of the little man, he's the length of a banana today! Just for your information, they change the way the measure babies this week. It's been crown to rump thus far (hence the 6.7 measurement from the doc) and from now on will be crown to heel since the babies are stretched out now. They told us Monday that he's at 53% on the growth chart which means at this stage 47% of babies are bigger than him and 52% are smaller. I'm telling you this because on babycenter.com today it said your baby is about 10.5 ounces. So, we're just a little ahead of that but the banana reference is towards the length and not weight. I feel this is kind of random and possibly not anything you want to know. I guess I'm just typing thoughts here as I've told myself, "ok, when you look at the produce your baby is each week, just know we're just a little ahead of the game".

OOOKKKKK how cool is this. I've got the laptop on the coffee table so I'm bending over a little to type and its making Hudson move like crazy. Since the kicks and turns are so strong right now I decided to see if Matthew could feel it. I pressed his hand on my belly right where he was kicking and then all the sudden Matthew goes, I felt it!! So just to test I said, what did it feel like and he said a little thud which is exactly right!!! AGH! I mean, he's definitely not really feeling anything very hard, just a little thud and it will get stronger later but so cool he can feel a little bit right now! It's only every once in a while that he kicks that strong anyhow. I know he couldn't feel the regular movements right now, but someday soon!!

Well, I've spoiled y'all with two posts in one week and look forward to doing it more. Take care my friends!

No comments: